Here's my top 6 things I've learnt about the US of A (from going to the county fair):
1. Want a tiny guitar/ ukulele? Wow, they got sh*tloads!
2. Sales pitches may slightly overestimate my ability to perceive enjoyment
3. Some Americans have strong opinions. And lots of money to share them. (Tea Party Patriots)
4. Others are happy to co-exist (next door!) in harmony, man
5. Turkey is one of the best and tastiest animals invented by Americans.
6. Finally, there's always a big cock needing a kick in the balls, no matter what country you're in.
Note: All of this (carefully researched) material came from yesterday's attendance at the Nevada County Fair, which we were assured was a "slice of Americana". Delicious.